Make your website datafree
Datafree Reach allows your audience to browse your website incurring no data charges themselves. With our reverse billing technology, you pay for the data, not the end user. By removing the data cost barrier, your audience is free to engage with your website which encourages trial and adoption of your services.
Reach has all the tools you need to configure your site and provides robust data usage reporting so that you can optimize your site and increase your ROI.
Datafree works for you if:
You want to reach everyone - Even users without any data credit on their phone will be able to visit your websites.
You want to maximise Engagement – Let users browse your content freely without threatening their access to WhatsApp, Facebook, Music etc.
You promote via Social Media - Users who only have ‘Social Packages’ (e.g. data for WhatsApp and Facebook) can’t follow links to your website because that falls outside their plan.
You want to stand out from the crowd - Mobile users are very 'data aware’. Removing the cost of data will get their attention. Become the website that is always freely available.
You want to reach your Staff - Reverse billing the data is ‘expensing' the data cost, yet is simple to setup and manage.
You want to provide Zero Cost Trials - Don’t expect people to pay to trial your product. Give them a way to experience your offer for free – without worrying about the data cost.
How it works
Datafree has reverse billing agreements with all the 4 major South African mobile network operators (Vodacom, Cell C, Telkom and MTN)
All mobile traffic passing through our servers is reverse billed to us. A user is charged nothing: they don’t even need credit on their phone!
We forward the traffic to your web server where you process every request
We aggregate the cost from the 4 networks into one bill.
You pay for the traffic - the user pays nothing
Directing the traffic through the Datafree Gateway:
This is achieved by simply modifying the domain names used in your URLs:
- If your website is at https://abc123.co.za/ you start using a new URL such as https://abc123.datafree.co/
- https://abc123.datafree.co/ talks to our Gateway; we know to forward it on to you at https://abc123.co.za/ so your existing website works normally.
- Other domains you may use within the site are modified in a similar way
- Third party services you use such as Content Distribution Networks (CDN) are also given special domain names and routed through our Gateway
- The start links you use to drive traffic are changed to use the new domain name (https://abc123.datafree.co)/ so sessions start by talking to our Gateway
We provide tools to automate the changes to the domain names making it easy to implement.
The solution works invisibly, your user does nothing, they just click on a link.
To Get Started
- Register for an account on the Datafree Portal and identify your website
- Register your new datafree domain name(s)
- Use our workbench to automatically change the domain names in your content to send all your traffic through our Datafree Gateway
- Or, modify your website to internally use the new domain names
- QA your website with our tools to check everything is working and is being reverse billed
- Set up security rules, data limits etc. to control your spend
- Track usage and other metrics through our Datafree Portal